Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mood Board #11 - Jot Magazine - Happy Little Moments


Today I am here to share the latest Mood Board Challenge at Jot Magazine created by fellow Jot Girl Anna Allan. Anna has put together this rich, luscious colour palette for us this month - filled with magenta, gold, white, cream + glitter and crackled paint.

When I saw this board I was in love! The magenta and gold, I just {heart} it! But it wasnt as easy to create a layout with as I thought, lol. It took me a few attempts to create, as I would sit down to get it done and the mojo just was not there at all. After a few attempts I love what I came up with. 

I tried a new technique for me of adding a big of water to a ranger embossing paste and dripping it on my page. I then added the gold zing and heat set it. It turned out pretty well, I love the effect. I have also embossed the gold in the silhouette cut title. 

Here is the Mood Board:

Here is my layout, I was inspired by the tulle in image 3, the flags in image and the flowers and paint drips in image 6 ... and the colours of course. This is a layout I created to document Charlottes first official plait! So cute!

Layout title: Happy Little Moments, your first Plait!


Products Used:
Paper: White card stock, Maggie Holmes 'Flea Market' paper
Alphabet: Silhouette Cut file, Dear Lizzy Mini Alphabet Stickers
Embellishments: Maggie Holmes 'Flea Market' Ephemera, Heidi Swapp Mistable Shapes, Maggie Holmes Fabric bow, D-lish scraps hand dyed muslin, washi tape and flowers, Freckled Fawn Glitter stickers, My Minds Eye enamel dots, Sequins and white thread.
Other: Gold zing embossing powder, Sewing machine and gold thread, Heidi Swapp Color Shine ; Primrose and Gold, AC Date Stamp, Black Archival Ink. 

Close up of my new found technique of embossing and my little cluster: 


Loving tags as a layering element:


Bit of Heidi and Maggie goodness here: 


My Silhouette Cut title which I have coloured with watered down Primrose Heidi ink and Gold embossing powder:


Layered goodness:



I hope you get a chance to play along! Pop over to the Jot Blog to see the other Jot Girls samples :) The challenge will be running until the 30th November! So plenty of time to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment